Happy Easter everyone! Now that is Lent is over you might think it might be time to just relax but in actuality, it’s the start of Easter season. For the next 50 days, we are in this beautiful season.
Truth be told for many years I would just go back to my slow-paced ways but this year I wanted to dive more and so I thought I shared a few ideas for you to join in.
- Write to Jesus in a journal at least 3 times a week. Pour out your heart in it.
- Read your bible for 10 minutes and pray for 10 minutes at least each day.
- Do a house chore you dislike without grumbles (dishes for me & it’s SO hard not to grumble)
- Go to mass during the week besides Sunday.
- Pay for someone’s coffee when you pick up yours.
- Do a bit of bible journaling.
- Go on a nature walk and notice the little things and be thankful (we are so busy with our lives we forgot )
- Read a story of a saint that you would like to learn more about.
- Give flowers to someone who you think deserves to know they are appreciated.
- Get flower seed packets for neighbors and handout with happy spring notes.
- Print out some of our pictures from your phone and camera and share your recent favorite memories in a book and mail it to a family member who you know would love it.
- Clean a place in your house everyone avoids.
- Bring flowers to a nursing home and stay for a visit with someone who doesn’t get many visits.
- Visit the animal shelter and give some love to animals waiting for adoption (my kids love this one)
- Leave a thank you note and baked cookies in your mailbox for your mail carrier.
- Give a friend a compliment or even a stranger.
- Hold the door open at a store for some shoppers.
- Deliver kid-friendly food to a shelter along with coloring books and crayons
- Ask your church or your children’s’ school if you can do a special clean up project.
- Write a love letter to each member of your family.
- Babysit for a friend so they can have an afternoon to relax a bit.
- Give away clothes that are gently used and in good condition.
- Volunteer to do some yard work (especially now with Spring upon us)
- Work on having more patience (living in New York this one can get interesting ha)
- Spend time with your family without any electronics.
I hope these give you some ideas and you will give them a try out and if you do I’d love to hear about it!